Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fukuyama Sakura to leave SDN48

This hit me as kind of a surprise upon waking up this morning.  I've translated the entry from her blog below the cut.  Be forewarned, it is long, so if you're hoping to read it all, make sure you've got a little time (or that you read really fast XD).



Today, I have an announcement.


It's a sudden announcement, and I feel this is really inexcusable to the fans who have supported me.


Recently, because of poor health, I have decided to take a break from SDN48 and show business.


To everyone who supported me, I'm really, really sorry.

I have always wanted to be in a profession where I could sing and dance, so I moved to Tokyo when I was in high school, but I couldn't seem to make my dream come true, and then this year I was finally able to fulfill the dream that I really, really wanted to do, and become a part of SDN48's 2nd generation.

While being under so many lights during stages, I was able to dance and sing songs, which I love, along with making a stage with my beloved members and the staff, so I was really, really happy being able to perform in stages.

And, thanks to all of you, I was able to take 12th place in the senbatsu vote, and get even closer to my dream of having a CD debut.

For everyone who supported me, thank you very, very, very much.

Even so, I'm very, very sorry that it turned out like this.

I feel like this is completely inexcusable for the people who supported me.

And I'm full of vexing feelings myself.

When I think that I can't stand on that stage that I was so close to, I'm sad, lonely and it hurts.

But, even if I'm separated from SDN48, I love SDN48.

As I said in the theater before, I really want SDN48 to become the #1 group in the world, from the bottom of my heart.

So, while I heal my body, I will also cheer SDN48 on with all my power.

And, in order to have my dream again, I want to become stronger in both body and soul.


Being able to work with SDN48, and do what I really wanted to do, made this the happiest half-year for me.


I will never, never forget.

Thank you very much.

I will treat each show, and each song preciously, and dance them with full power, in my own style, until my break begins.

Please be kind to me.

Fukuyama Sakura



Well, hopefully she can get better soon! She doesn't explicitly state it here, but according to Togasaki's blog*, it is more like retirement than just taking a break (although she could possibly come back?).  Speaking of, he also wrote a bit in that entry, so here's that:


"As for her health being poor, she talked to me about it before this.


She doesn't know when she'll collapse.


But, she wants to keep going until she does.


But, if she does collapse, it might cause trouble for everyone.


After hearing that, for a time, I thought, "Wouldn't shining and collapsing be the way to go?", and so based on that, she continued her activities.

But, shortly after we decided that, she notified me that her chronic illness had taken a turn for the worst, so we arrived at this conclusion.

I want her to go back home, fully recover from her illness, and then come back as soon as she can to chase her dream as part of SDN48 again. 

I appologize for this sudden announcement surprising all of the fans.


As we decide details for a graduation performance, we'll let you know, so please wait just a bit."


*He's basically in charge of the AKB48 Theater in case you're joining us and haven't been an AKB48 fan.



Here's hoping for Sakuran's recovery and eventual return to the spotlight!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for this Hana...

    Jeez, this week really sucks for me in term of bad news! :(

    Hope she'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete